Online Banking Security
Western National Bank values the trust you have placed in us by choosing us as your bank. We work constantly to maintain the security of our systems and to make your online banking experience safe and secure.
WNB utilizes numerous systems, such as:
- Intrusion Dectection Systems
- User Authentication (user ID, Passwords, Tokens, Multi-Factor, etc.)
- Site Validates (Security Images)
- Activity Alerts
- Activity Monitoring Systems, to detect suspicious and fraudulent activity
As a user of Internet Banking you are responsible for safeguarding your user credentials as well as securing your access device (i.e. computer, mobile device, etc.). The following are some tips to help your protect yourself:
- Use a unique password that is hard to guess (at least 8 characters using a combination of alpha, numeric, & sysmbols).
- Change your password frequently.
- Don't write down or save your passwords within your Internet Browser.
- Protect your computer with up-to-date anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs.
- Enable automatic updates for your computer's operating system and Internet browser(s).
- Check your bank account balance regularly to look for unauthorized activity.
- Consider using a dedicated computer to conduct banking transactions. This computer should only be used to conduct online banking and should be restricted from accessing other websites.
- Do not access your bank accounts from a public location (i.e. cyber cafes, hotel lobbies, airports, etc.) or via unencryped Wi-Fi connections.
- Verify the source of e-mail/text correspondence - do not click on links contained in e-mails from untrusted sources.
- Do not respond to phone calls, texts or e-mails asking for confidential security information such as bank account numbers, user IDs, passwords, social security numbers, etc.
- If you suspect your account may have been compromised, alert the bank immediately by calling 432-570-4181.
In addition to the above recommendations we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the extra security provided by Trusteer Rapport, online banking anti-malware software. To learn more about Trusteer Rapport click here.